As an adult, being able to complete a big home upgrade is what we dream of as soon as we get the keys to our new home from the real estate agent. Starting in the kitchen and moving through the house is a fairly typical trajectory for a remodel, and eventually you wind up in the bathroom.
There are so many options to choose from, and it can be overwhelming to decide between tiles, faucets, bathtubs and shower curtains. Read ahead to learn more about some of the best new features to consider for your bathroom remodel in New Braunfels, TX:
- Tile accents: Putting in tile accents on one or more walls of your bathroom adds creativity and a personal touch to your remodel. Installation is minimally difficult and can be cost effective, depending on the tiles you choose, as well as more fun than pulling out the paintbrushes and tape to add a flourish to your walls.
- Smart storage: Nothing can be as frustrating as trying to find your clean hand towels or your extra tube of toothpaste, and putting in practical storage will be a favor you will thank yourself for doing later. Adding in extra storage can be as simple as putting in a few shelves above the toilet, or installing a bigger medicine cabinet above the sink for all your daily toiletries. Wherever possible, try putting in shelving or even a piece of furniture for extra storage.
- Steam showers: Luxurious and functional, a steam shower can upgrade your daily shower experience. You’ll feel as if you visited a spa everyday and the bathroom will become one of your favorite spots in the house. Upgrade a steam shower by adding in a big showerhead with water pressure options. Keep in mind that you’ll want to install a vapor barrier on the ceiling and wall to prevent any moisture buildup and wood rot.
- Frameless glass showers: Create a simple and elegant shower by installing a frameless glass shower door. In addition to introducing a clean aesthetic, a glass shower door eliminates a ledge to step over, which makes the shower experience safer for everyone in the family, particularly if you have young children or older adults in the household.
- Heated floors: Step out of the shower and immediately be greeted with warm feet courtesy of your flooring! Installing a heated floor system beneath a typically cold material like ceramic or stone makes your bathroom more comfortable while you get ready for bed or finish your morning shower. This can be especially nice in the winter, when a cold floor is an especially unwelcome part of your bathroom experience.
These are just some of the many features you might consider adding to your updated bathroom. At Timber Construction, LLC, we are prepared to take on your bathroom remodel in New Braunfels, TX, and look forward to helping you transform your space into something you’ll love for years to come. Contact us today to arrange a consultation and get an estimate for your project!
Categorised in: Bathroom Remodel
This post was written by Writer