Before you welcome your guests in or take your shoes off from a long day at work, your home’s exterior greets all who arrive.
Just as you choose where to put the pictures on your walls, you get to choose the exterior look of your home. Adding to your home’s appearance will brighten up your investment and can last the lifetime of the structure. Installing exterior siding is a great option for your home, and with many options to choose from, make sure you get all the information you need to choose the right type of exterior siding in New Braunfels, TX:
- Vinyl siding: This is one of the most popular siding options because of its ease of installation and low cost. Since this option has become popular, there are many different colors and textures that are factory made to choose from, and then all that needs to be done is putting the siding on the house. Installing vinyl siding is also low maintenance, requiring only a few tools. It’s the perfect fit for the home DIY enthusiast.
- Wood siding: This option is applied to the home in a lap pattern and is great for those who want a more consistent appearance. Wood siding is beautiful, but it does require more maintenance periodically, and is vulnerable to vermin attacks.
- Brick siding: A classic option for those who aspire for a Colonial or English style exterior, brick siding comes in different textures and colors and can withstand the life of a home. Brick siding does come at a higher price due to the labor-intensive installation process. The one factor to take into consideration before installing brick siding is that water can permeate it, and a membrane must be installed between the brick and your home to protect the structure.
- Fiber-cement siding: For the homeowner searching for a variety of looks, low cost, easy maintenance and termite-resistance, then fiber-cement siding is the best option. Fiber-cement offers a lot of advantages, but remember that this siding could face moisture-related problems—especially in older homes that could contain asbestos.
- Stucco siding: Stucco offers a traditional look for homeowners aspiring for a Mediterranean or Spanish exterior. This siding, if installed carefully and properly maintained, can last the lifetime of the home.
- Stone and stone-veneer siding: Adding texture to a home’s exterior can be done with stone and stone-veneer siding. This siding is more expensive than other options and installation can be difficult on existing homes. If this style is still appealing to a homeowner, there is the option for stone-veneer siding that is less expensive and lightweight. While this siding gives a home texture and personality, yearly cleaning and inspection is necessary to maintain the siding and the exterior of the home.
When you’re in the market for exterior siding in New Braunfels, TX, it’s important to recognize the qualities you’re looking for in a siding project, ranging from budget considerations to ease of maintenance. The pros at Timber Construction, LLC are prepared to help you with your project. Contact us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Exterior Siding
This post was written by Writer